Are you eligible?
- In a genuine and ongoing relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Marriage or defacto relationship to be legally recognised in Australia (Please note: underage, polygamous and same-sex marriages are not legal in Australia).
- Duration of relationship for minimum of 12 months (exceptions may apply).
Were you previously married? Divorce certificate of previous marriage required.
Do you have biological or adopted children from a previous marriage whom you would like to migrate? Written consent form 1229 from other parent required or a court decision.
Note: It is a requirement to undertake a health examination and provide biometrics.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0401 043 271 for more information
Prospective Marriage Visa
It is a 3 stage visa:
Stage 1: Apply for Prospective marriage visa – offshore
- Proof of intention to marry.
- Sponsorship by prospective spouse: an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen and over 18 years of age.
- Parties to have met in person since turning 18 years of age
This visa allows you to enter Australia on a temporary 9 months visa.
Apply for a marriage visa (temporary visa) within Australia, once you are legally married in Australia after your arrival (This must be done within 9 months of your Stage 1 visa grant!)
Stage 3: Apply for permanent visa , 2 years from date of lodging Stage 2 application.
Contact us on email@example.com or call 0401 043 271 for more details.