Children Visas

Child Visa


  • The eligible parent must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • The child must be outside of Australia when lodged and when decided.
  • The child must be single and under 18 years.
    • Over 18 exception: If a child is a full-time student 18-25 years of age OR 18+ and is unable to work due to a disability and dependent on sponsor.

If you wish to adopt a child, you may apply for an adoption visa.

Contact our office for further details.

Orphan Relative Visa

the child/children must:

  • lodge their application outside Australia
  • be younger than 18 years old
  • be sponsored by their relative who is:
    • the brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle or step-equivalent of the child
  • be older than 18 years of age
  • not be married or in a de facto relationship

The child/children are required to be sponsored by their relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

The circumstances of why the parents are not able to care for the children are required for consideration. These include: death, incapacity or unknown whereabouts of the parents.

It is required that the children and sponsor undergo a DNA test for the purposes of verifying the relationships.

In addition, a medical assessment must be undertaken by the children to meet health requirements.

For the visa to be granted, you must show for at least one of the children, that they are able to legally be removed from their country and written consent from the person legally responsible for the child.

Dependents may be included – Please see us for further details.